Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Women in Verse

Break the bond of custom, from the prison of tradition escape delight not in your weakness, from this imagined delicacy escapefFrom these self-conjured vows of greatness escape It too is bondage, from love's bondage escape. Not only the thorn, the flower too emasculate rise my love! You have to walk along with me. Kaifi Azmi
Life, I only beheld you in dreams... you for whom I searched. What can I even tell you of my state? I reconciled myself to the long, lonely journey of life... I did not find what i had been searching for... but on this pretext, I beheld the world... The one i had been searching for... Umrao Jaan Ada
Believe in yourself to the depth of your being nourish the talents your spirit is freeing Know in your heart When the going gets slow that your faith in yourself will continue to grow Don't forfeit ambition When others may doubt. It's your life to live you must live it throughout learn from your errors don't dwell in the past never withdraw from a world that is vast believe in yourself find the best that is you let your spirit prevail Steer a course that is true. Sent by a TOI reader

No comments: