Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Power Punch

First of all, power is about making life for people around you better. Second, power is about feeling better about yourself, in the sense that you have done good things and people have benefited. And I would say it's certainly much more the first than the second power is all about making a difference to the people around you. N R Narayana Murthy, Chairman, Infosys I don't feel as though i am superman. Power is responsibility and hard work... the day one forgets that, all power leaves you. Azim Premji, Chairman, Wipro Power is a very loaded term. It seems to suggest influence and how much influence i have or don't have is for others to judge. Power is also a very misunderstood term. Being called powerful tends to boost people's egos. I have no ego. I just do what it takes to make my businesses thrive. If people say i'm powerful, it's not going to change my character or my behaviour in any way. Vijay Mallya, Chairman, UB Group To me the thing that matters most is the ability to influence the course of change... After all it's about the power of ideas. Nandan Nilekani, CEO, Infosys

No comments: