Friday, March 2, 2007

Holi Hai

Colour me now, before You leave me. Colour me with Your song. Colour me in Your secret melody. Colour me in the light of Your laughter. Colour me with the kindness of Your tears. May Your colours, colour my very soul. Rabindranath Tagore
An ecstatic lover of God enjoys Him in different ways. Sometimes he says, "O God, You are the lotus and i am the bee, or You are the Ocean of Satchidananda and i am the fish". At other times the lover of God says, "I am your dancing-girl". He dances and sings before Him. He thinks of himself as the friend of God and sometimes as His handmaiden. He looks on God sometimes as a child, as did Yashoda, and sometimes as husband or sweetheart, as did the gopis. Sri Ramakrishna
The heart of man is the seat of this Lila, which can be reproduced at all times, in the heart of every true bhakta. Nilakantha
Krishna, who can fathom the depths of thy heart? As the juggler makes the wooden puppet dance, so, too, does the man whom you inspire, dance without knowing why he is dancing or through whom. Sanatan

No comments: