Friday, March 23, 2007

Sufi Delight

I become you ,you become me ,I become the soul, you the heart, How can they now claim ,I am apart, you are apart? Amir Khusro By day i praised you ,and never knew it. By night i stayed with you ,and never knew it. I always thought that ,I was me... but no, I was you ,and never knew it. Rumi Repeating the name ,of the Beloved ,I have become the Beloved myself. Whom shall i call the Beloved now? Bulleh Shah O Allah! If i worship You for fear of Hell, burn me in Hell, and if i worship You in hope of Paradise, exclude me from Paradise. But if i worship You for Your Own sake, grudge me not Your ,everlasting Beauty. Rabia al Basri 'I' and 'you' are but the lattices,/ in the niches of a lamp,/ through which the One Light shines./ 'I' and 'you' are the veil/ between heaven and earth;/ lift this veil and you will see/ no longer the bonds of sects and creeds./ When 'i' and 'you' do not exist,/ what is mosque, what is synagogue?/ What is the Temple of Fire? Shabistari

No comments: