Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Friendship Song

It is easy enough to be friendly to one's friends. But to befriend the one who regards himself as your enemy is the quintessence of true religion. The other is mere business. Mahatma Gandhi
Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends. Czech proverb
Friendship is not seen on a friendly face, But felt deep within a friendly heart. Thiruvalluvar, Thirukural 786
I shot an arrow into the air,/ It fell to earth, I knew not where;/ For so swiftly it flew, the sight/ Could not follow it in its flight. I breathed a song into the air,/ It fell to earth, I knew not where;/ For, who has sight so keen and strong/ That it can follow the flight of song? Long, long afterward, in an oak/ I found the arrow, still unbroke;/ And the song, from beginning to end,/ I found again in the heart of a friend. H W Longfellow

No comments: