Friday, April 6, 2007

Good Friday

Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows...But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, Isaiah 53:4-5 God will credit righteousness — for us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead. He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification. Romans 4:24-25 He could hear the crowds screaming "crucify" "crucify"... He could hear the hatred in their voices, These were his chosen people He was beaten, bleeding and weakened...his heart was broken, But still He walked. He could see the crowd as he came from the palace. He knew every smile, laugh, and shed tear, But now they were contorted with rage and anger...his heart broke, But still He walked. When i forget how much My God loves me, I remember his walk. When i wonder if i can be forgiven, I remember his walk. And to show him how much i love him, I wake up each morning, turn my eyes to him, And i walk. Anonymous

No comments: